Michigan Voice & SMG Strategies Presents
Civicize Me’s Civic Leadership Workshop provides a place-based introduction to local civic institutions, coupled with exercises to help participants define the expertise and talents they can bring to local government roles and decisions.
The session includes historical context for Michigan’s multi-layered government structure, briefly charts the branches of federal and state government, then focuses on demystifying local county, municipal (city, township, village) and school district systems. We help participants understand these governments and their power within them. Participants leave having identified at least one personal ambition for civic engagement and their next steps toward achieving that ambition.
- Saturday March 10th 10am – 5pm Flint
- Saturday, April 7th 10am – 5pm Pontiac
- Saturday, April 21st 10am – 5pm Grand Rapids
- Saturday, April 28th 10am – 5pm Lansing
- Saturday, May 12th 10am – 5pm Battle Creek